Chennai is the capital city of Tamil Nadu and is located on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. It is also the biggest industrial and commercial centre in South India.
May and June are the hottest months and January, December are the coolest. The rainfall starts from mid–October and remains till mid–December.
Traditional cusine of Chennai is idli and dosa served with coconut chutney and tomato chutney. For the main course, people love to have steamed rice served with sambar, rasam, kootu, buttermilk, chutney and curry. Pickle, salad and appalam i.e. pappad are complimentary. Chennai is also very popular for its non-vegetarian dishes like fish and chicken. For drinks one can enjoy traditional coconut water and filtered coffee in restaurants or roadside stalls.
- Covelong Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches located around 40km from the capital. One can try adventurous water sports like swimming or windsurfing, or simply enjoy a walk with beautiful palm trees and white sand.
- Elliot's Beachis located on the eastern coast of Tamil Nadu and is also famous for its nightlife. Other attractions nearby this beach are Ashtalakshmi temple built on the sand and Church of our Lady of Health.
- Marina Beach is the longest beach in India and also the second longest beach in the world. It is a good option for a day outing.
- Kapaleeshwarar Temple is Lord Shiva’s temple located in Mylapore. The form of Shiva's wife Parvatiis worshipped in this temple is named Karpagambalmeans "Goddess of the Wish-Yielding Tree". The temple priests perform the rituals on a daily basis.
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park is also known as the Vandalur Zoo. It is a zoological garden located in Vandalur, a suburb in the southwestern part of Chennai. You can explore Butterfly house, Amphibian house, the Crocodile enclosure and the Aquarium. This is a great day out if you have kids.
- St. Thomas Mount also known as Parangimalai, is a small hillock with a shrine dedicated to Mother Mary built in 1523
Well-known for all water sports activities one can enjoy Jet Skiing, Sailing, Parasailing, Speed Boating, Cruise Ride, Water Skiing, Wind Surfing and Pedal Boating.
Be it clubs, lounges or the Movie Theater, all are open till late.
Create your own tours, ask experts for assistance...