Udaipur is a very popular tourist destination famous for its history, culture, beautiful locations and palaces. Udaipur is also known as "Lake City" or "City of Lakes" and is surrounded by beautiful lakes all around.
Udaipur's winters are the most appealing time to visit.
- City Palace is a palace complex in Udaipur. It is the largest royal complex in Rajasthan.
- Saheliyon-ki-Bari also known as Courtyard of the Maidens, is a garden and a popular tourist point in Udaipur. It has fountains and a lotus pool and marble elephants with a small museum. It was built by Maharana Bhopal Singh.
- Jag Mandiris a palace built on an island in the Lake Pichola. It is also called the "Lake Garden Palace". One can see Gul Mahal, the ‘Garden Courtyard’ on its northern side. Bara Patharonka Mahal the ‘palace of the 12 stones’ is on the south.
- The Monsoon Palace,also known as the Sajjan Garh Palace, is a hilltop palatial residence in the city.
- Pichola Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in the city. It is the oldest and one of the largest lakes in Udaipur.
- FatehSagar Lake is another beautiful lake in Udaipur. It is built in 1678 by Maharana Jai Singh, and named after Maharana Fateh Singh.
- Jaisamand Lake is famous as the second largest artificial lake in Asia. It is located 50 km from Udaipur.
- UdaiSagar Lake is one of the popular five lakes of Udaipur, and is located 15 km to the east of Udaipur. The construction of this lake was started in 1559 and completed in 1565.
Udaipur is known for boating on the lakes. Complete a circuit and you will witness huge palaces, hills and forts that surround the lakes.
Famous cuisine of Udaipur is Dal-Baati-Churma, Gatte-Ki-Sabzi, Kachori and Mirchi Bada
Udaipur has its own kind of a night life to enjoy. After sunset, people enjoy the evening with cultural dance & music along with hookas. The state also has some clubs and fine-dining restaurants with live music / band for evening fun and relaxation.
Create your own tours, ask experts for assistance...