Pondicherry is linked to Chennai through Mahabalipuram. It is a popular tourist destination well-known for its beaches, which are Promenade Beach and Paradise Beach. The new name is Puducherry since 2006. Pondicherry is famous for temples, churches, monuments, parks and mosques which attract thousands of tourists every season.
Summers are from April to June. Monsoons, with high humidity and thundershowers, start from June and remain till September. The rest of the year shares pleasant weather.
- Thirukaameeswarar Temple is one of the ancient temples located in Villianurwhich is approximately 10km from Pondicherry town. The temple is known as "Big Temple" also. Lord Shiva and the Goddess Kokilambigai are worshiped along with other Hindu gods Murugan, Vinayagar, Thakshanamoorthy, Perumal, Bhramah, Chandikeshwarar, Natarajar, and Navagrahah.
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple is as old as Pondicherry. It is famous for forty different forms of Ganesha. The temple also has a shrine to Lord Murugan.
- The Botanical Garden is another tourist attraction which is located south of the New Bus Stand. The garden has a musical fountain which is open during the weekends with two shows in the evening for public.
- Paradise beach is a good option for an outing where one can enjoy water sports along with lip-snacking of local snacks at stalls and in restaurants nearby.
- Ousteri Lake is located towards north approximately 10km from Pondicherry town. It is a pleasant option for a day out.
River Rafting, Riding and Water Rafting are highly popular Entrainment Activities in Pondicherry among tourists.
Famous cuisine of Pondicherry is Masala Dosa, SambarVada, Idli, Coconut Curry, Podanlangkai, Assad, KaduguYerra, Curried Vegetables, Stuffed Cabbage and Sweet Milk.
Tourists enjoy dining and live bands in restaurants.
Create your own tours, ask experts for assistance...