Darjeeling is a small town and a popular tourist hill station of West Bengal. It is also known as the ‘Queen of all Hill Stations’. It is notable for its tea plantation and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Best Time to visit Darjeeling is from March to May & from September to November.
The traditional food of Darjeeling is momos (steamed dumplings), which are the most popular, and Thukpa which is a Tibetan-style noodle mixed in soup and flavored with vegetables.
- Senchal Lake is located above the sea level and serves as the water basin for Darjeeling. It is approximately 10 km from the town near Tiger Hills. It is recommended as a picnic spot especially for nature-lovers.
- Mirik Lake is best to enjoy horse riding and boating. Along with this, one can also enjoy snacks and soups at lake side restaurants.
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: also known as the "Toy Train", runs between New Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling. The track was built between 1879 and ended in 1881. It is approximately 78 km long.
- Tiger Hillin Darjeeling is highest railway station in the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. It is also renowned as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is famous for its views of Mount Everest and Mt. Kangchenjung.
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park ‘Darjeeling Zoo’ was opened in 1958. It is highly admired by children and the young at heart.
- Peace Pagoda is designed to focus the attention of people of all races and creeds to help them to unite in their search for world peace. It was built under the guidance of Nichidatsu Fujii (a Buddhist monk from Japan).
Boating and White Water Rafting are popular Entrainment Activities among tourists.
Tourists enjoy clubbing, dining and live bands in restaurants and clubs along with musical events.
Create your own tours, ask experts for assistance...